The festive season might be coming to a close but you can still to jazz up our home with lovely decorations. Though it may not be possible for all of us to spend money on expensive baubles and high end home décor, we could certainly make use of these 5 cost effective ways to decorate our home to allow the beautiful times to begin!
1. Make your home clutter free: This is the most important yet the most neglected part of having a beautiful home. Give away the old newspapers, bottles, plastics, broken buckets and any other useless item lying around in the house. Aim to keep only useful or beautiful objects in your home.
2. Get more air and light in: Nothing makes a home more beautiful than getting more air and light inside it. Open up your windows and ventilators. Unless it is really hot, try not to use the AC much. Wash your windows and curtains. In fact, try putting on some light colored blinds and keep the curtains open.
3. Home fragrances are a must-have: It’s Imperative to that a beautiful looking home smell good. Get some good quality home fragrances to create an aura of peaceful and beautiful energy inside your home. In fact, incense sticks are one of the economic and best ways to have a beautiful living space.
4. Rearrange your existing furniture: The same old look may be getting uninteresting or routine at times. How about tilting the angle of that sofa set or bringing it close to the windows? Or how about putting in a mattress or the low rise diwan in your living room? Make sure you experiment with the settings you like for your house to create a new and fresh look.
5. Embrace colors:Get a little wild and colorful. Make sure your home gets its own splash of colors – be it in the form of differently colored cushions or curtains or sheets or a fresh coat of color paint on your walls or door or even some artificial bright flowers adorning your space, this is the time to get the colors out and about your living space.
Plants are an evergreen home décor: Indoor plants may be inexpensive yet they can dress up your home like nothing else. They also give a feeling of quite warmth and peace about the house. Getting the right kinds of indoor plants can make your home truly stand out with its décor.
6. Think outside the box: Feel free to express your own personal style through your home décor. Think of what could look good on your walls, shelves or curtains. For example – if you have pretty glass bangles collecting dust in your attic – you could hang them up in bunches on your walls with ribbons in contrasting colors to lend a delicate feminine look to your space. Similarly, if you have framed family pictures then you could hang them up in various ways on a singular wall to create a bold yet intimate living space.
Image Credit : http://www.freeimages.com/photo/593186 (free)