No matter where you live, in a bungalow or an apartment, at some point we get bored of the look of our homes. We need a change every once in a while, and this might be the best time for you to give your home a makeover since harvest festivals and new year celebrations are just a few days away. The below pointers will help you give your home a festival makeover with minimal effort. Here goes:
- Decorate the Walls: Changing the colour of your walls can make your home look bright and fresh. However, if brightening the walls is not something that works with your budget, then you can opt of decorative element like Thoranam and photo frames to add life to your walls. Most people use thoranams above their doors, but these will look fantastic on a wall if placed properly.
- Rearrange Furniture: This is the most popular way of making your living room look different. Moving the couch, changing the direction of the table and television, can make your home look drastically different. This festival, keep your guests wondering what’s different just by moving the furniture.
- Pooja Room: If you are giving your home a festival makeover, you definitely cannot miss out the pooja room. Make sure you clean the pooja room thoroughly before you start decorating the space. Stick some decorative rangoli at the entrance of the room, replace old diyas and garlands with new ones and buy a beautifully designed arch for the idol.
- Music: You can make your home seem more appealing and peaceful with music. Even if you don’t make any changes to your interiors, you can make your home seem different by changing the aura in the house with music. Buy yourself a Ganesh pooja pack or Sampoorna lakshmi pack, these will contain a CD along with other useful pooja items. This CD has lovely bhajans and mantras in it, and playing it every day will not only help in keeping a positive environment at home but it will make your home seem different.
- Lights: What’s a festival makeover without lights? Using electrical lights might make your home look bright, but using lamps around the house will completely change the way your home looks. You can light diyas in the living room, verandah and the pooja room, the soft light of these beautiful diyas will add a festive look to your interiors without any effort.
- Fragrance: Light some href="http://pureprayer.in/NaivedyaCUPSAMBRANIMRPRs72-?Pid=251&ctid=6#.VSZQNfAwzQA">dhoop cones and sandal wood incense sticks around the house, fragrance can make even a dull room feel lively instantly. This is the most cost-effective idea to give your home a makeover without physically making any changes at home.
These are some festival decoration ideas that might come in handy when you decide to give your home a makeover. Small changes can make a big impact, so start by making these small changes and you will be surprised how different your house looks at the end of it.