Raksha Bandhan is one of the most awaited festivals in the Indian Calendar as the wonderful bond between siblings is cherished and celebrated! Raksha Bandhan, or Rakhi is observed on the auspicious day of Shravan Purnima, where sisters tie a thread of love to brothers and in return, the brother promises to protect her from all the evils of the world and of course, there are plenty of gifts and presents! On this day, the siblings dress in new clothes, the aarthi thali is decorated and the pooja takes place in the morning. The sibling pray for each other’s wellbeing and happiness, then the rakhi is tied on the brother’s wrist. Most people plan for months ahead of the festival to buy the perfect gift for their sibling. If you haven’t decided on what to buy for your favorite sibling, then you are in luck! Here are some unique and creative Raksha Bandhan gifts you could buy to make this festival more special and memorable.
- Car fresheners: Gifting your sibling a nice car freshener is a unique yet useful gift. Remember it can also remind them of you no matter where they travel. Buy a combo pack, or variety of fragrance like floral, fruity and earthy, these fragrances have an impact on the moods of the person. By choosing the right fragrance for your sibling’s car, you can ensure that they are in the best of their moods while on the road.
- Gift hamper: Gift hampers are becoming one of the most popular gifts to show your appreciation and love. Gift hampers show that you have taken the time and effort to think of all the things to give your sibling, and it is better to give lots of little gifts rather than just one single gift. You can buy a big basket and fill it up with all your sibling’s favorite things, some of the things can be chocolates, a hand written card, your sibling’s favorite fragrance, gift voucher, reed diffusers, sweets and incense sticks. This is the best thing to give if your sibling is not in the same place as you, it can have all the pooja items as well as the gifts.
- Pooja Thali: If your brother is in another city, you might not be able to go see him and tie the Rakhi. So, instead you can send a nicely decorated pooja thali with incense sticks, kumkum with rice, rakhi, sweets and diyas. You can find these in most of the stores or you can order for it online as well. You could even plan a ceremony over Skype!
- Fragrances: This is a popular gift to give on Raksha Bandhan. You can buy a variety of fragrances like perfume, reed diffuser, aromatic candles, exotic incense sticks and potpourri. Your sister will surely love this rakhi gift!
- Cash/Gift Voucher: People tend to give cash or gift voucher on Rakhi, but this should be the last resort. It is best to buy a gift, instead of just giving cash!
Make your sibling’s day special with a thoughtful Raksha Bandhan gift, after all the day itself is symbolic of the bond of love, care and respect.